Replace Lost or Stolen Passport
• Original OR state certified copy of a US birth certificate (You must be able to “feel” the seal) OR expired US passport.
• One US Passport application completed ONLINE here: Passport Application Form
• One completed DS64 Lost or Stolen Passport Form . (see link on web site)
• Two passport sized photos 2"x 2" ONLY (Taken within the last 6 months)
• An authorization letter signed and dated (See attached)
• Copy of flight itinerary or a letter from employer describing proposed trip if traveling on business.
• Take all of the above documents to a nearby US Post Office (with a special passport section) or County Clerk of
• After presenting these documents, you will be asked to sign your application and attest to the truthfulness of the
information on the application and present current ID (Drivers License).
• You will be asked to pay Department of State Fee for the Passport (see below) and an additional $25 will be
collected by the “agent” for execution.
• The “agent” will then seal everything in an envelope for security reasons. You must then ask for the sealed
envelope back so that you may have it “Hand Carried” by American Visa of DC.
• Place the sealed envelope, your payment to American Visa of DC for our fees (see below) , and a copy of the
application form and a cover letter detailing the name of the applicant placed on the outside of the sealed
envelope, a contact phone number and shipping address..
• FOR EMERGENCY REQUESTS: PACKAGES MUST BE SENT USING FED-EX FIRST OR UPS EARLY
AM SIGNATURE RELEASE. PLEASE FAX A COPY OF APPLICATION AND WORK ORDER.